Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9-22-2010

This post will be brief and not very well thought out.  I’m sure you’re thinking, “How is that different from the rest?”  Haha.  Now you're wondering why I’m having a conversation with imaginary people, people who are gently mocking me.  I don’t have an answer to that, so quit asking.  I’m trying to post a blog here.

I’m leaving this afternoon for Hooper Bay, a town south of here, for two days of teacher in-service.  It sounds like it will be a nice, relaxing place to collectively think and discuss how we can serve our students better.  But it is another village; similar to the one I’m in, so there is no resort for us to stay.  The fine dinning will be at the school cafeteria, and as for our sleeping arrangements, we have packed our sleeping bags and air mattresses and will be sleeping in classrooms.   This will be like summer camp, sans the initiation practices.  I hope I don’t have to eat another frog.  Ok, I didn’t have to eat it, but when curiosity takes over….

I’ll be back Friday evening, so I won’t be away from here too long.  Hooper Bay does have a small grocery store, so hopefully I’ll be able to grab a few things to bring back.  And to answer the question I’m hearing; no, it’s a dry village too.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a blog to write.

3 comments:

  1. How do you travel there? Have fun, but stay out of trouble! I know, I know, "What happens in Hooper Bay, stays in Hooper Bay...." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will fly us there. The only other option would be to use a boat, but I don't think that would be safe. It is clear, so I should get to see some good views. I hope we don't crash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hon - did you buy our air/ground medical transport membership yet ?? just thinking if you are worried about crashing and all...

    ReplyDelete