Friday, August 20, 2010

Why that name?

     Ok, first about the name of the blog.  Monica told me that  Ignorance Without Arrogance is itself an arrogant statement.  I told her to keep quiet because I knew what I was doing.  She thought Irony With Arrogance would be better.  My reason for the name is because, as others have stated, there seems to be a connection with the more ignorant people are about a subject, the more arrogant they are about that subject.  Also, S#!t My Students Say might be a bit too much.
     Because I am ignorant about most things, I'll try to keep the arrogance out.  This is just a forum for me to keep people who are interested updated on what I'm doing and what it is like to live in the Alaska bush and teach in their schools.  I'll include pictures and some video.  Uploading video takes a long time, so I won't do too much.

Later,
Clay

6 comments:

  1. I am "following" you now. Do you feel stalked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following too honey - I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Clay! I am anxious to hear all about your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I signed my contract in May to come up here and teach, I had many people tell me they'd like to know what it's like to live here and to teacher here

    okay honey you need to fix your opening comment take "er" off of teach(er) here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, honey, for pointing out my typo through a public forum. It works much better than a private phone call. I hope this doesn't mean you'll use this to get me to do my chores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure sounds like this could get interesting for you. I'm also sure you will handle it in your unique style. See ya next summer.(I hope)

    ReplyDelete